Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cuyamacca

Re-adapting to life in the states took no time at all. On the ride back from the airport I had to browse back through my photos to make sure the whole trip wasn't just part of my imagination. Starting in my last couple days in Istanbul, I felt like I had been gone forever, but the second I touched down in LA it seemed like it had gone by in a blur.

I stayed a little more than a week in San Diego, sleeping on the floor of my old apartment (I had sublet my room to a girl from Spain). During this time, my buddy Todd and I went on a hiking trip in the San Diego mountains, Cuyamaca Rancho state park. Originally we had planned to be on the trail for 3 days and camp in the wilderness for 2 nights, but a late start and the weather forced us to modify those plans.

This area of San Diego was ravaged five years ago by the cedar fire, life was renewing itself in a magnificent way. I'll let pictures tell the rest of the story.

From Cuyamaca Rancho, CA

From Cuyamaca Rancho, CA


From Cuyamaca Rancho, CA

From Cuyamaca Rancho, CA


From Cuyamaca Rancho, CA


From Cuyamaca Rancho, CA
From Cuyamaca Rancho, CA


Day2:

From Cuyamaca Rancho, CA

From Cuyamaca Rancho, CA


From Cuyamaca Rancho, CA


From Cuyamaca Rancho, CA


From Cuyamaca Rancho, CA

No comments: