Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ludlow

My flight from Istanbul landed in London at 7:45pm, and I had to sprint to catch the last train of the night up to Hereford, the nearest station available to Ludlow where my friend Kate lives. I was scheduled to arrive at 1:20am, but I guess no one thought it necessary to tell me that I was supposed to change at Newport station. Consequently, I spent the night on a bench at Cardiff station. They normally close the station after the last train (around midnight), but the station manager was really cool, telling me "as long as you're sober and respectable" that I could stay there to wait for the 5:10am train to Ludlow. On the bright side, I got to see Wales.

Kate showed me around her quaint little town, the highlight of which was climbing all over the walls of the ruins of the keep (sorry mom... Kate tried to stop me).






I also got to try real fish and chips, and had a ridiculous amount of English tea (with milk!). Kate's parents were very gracious hosts, and we got a chance to talk politics (people in Europe generally seem to hate Bush... go figure).

We finished off the last night in Ludlow with a few pints from the Church.




The next day we caught an early train to London...

1 comment:

Tinu_H said...

it lucks very cool
i hope you have e lot of fun