Saturday, June 21, 2008

Last day of work!

Yesterday, I closed out my last day at The Scripps Research Institute. Kerri (my boss) took the lab out for a great lunch at Fidel's in Del Mar, and they got me all kinds of goodies:



I organized my notes and my freezer boxes and got next to nothing else accomplished (sorry Kerri), then we headed down to La Jolla Brew House for some drinks and celebrating.



Lots of pictures were taken, some not very flattering, but a good time was had by all (well, I had a good time, I don't know about everyone else). Afterwards, we headed over to BevMo to pick up supplies for Mojitos (my favorite drink), and went home to indulge. my co-worker Yu was very excited about hitting the Hookah, but unfortunately it was being held by one of my roommate's friends, and our attempts to break into his apartment were unsuccessful.

After this failure, some of us decided to head down to Pacific Beach to see some live music. After a lot of roaming, we found some at some bar, but I was tired and the band wasn't very good (thought that might have just been because I wanted to get home).

3 days until Europe... Woohoo!

No comments: